Products We Recommend
Start Tracking Your Own Family History
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Once upon a Pancake: Stories We Write Together
- 122 stories, in a variety of styles
- Large size hardcover coffee table book (8 x 10 inches)
- Ideal for coffee tables at home, in the office, and in cafes and bars
- A perfect gift for your creative friend — each book will become unique once they write inside.
The Greatest Stories Never Told: 100 Tales from History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
- The Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock because they ran out of beer
- Some Roman officials were so corrupt that they actually stole time itself
- Three cigars changed the course of the Civil War
- The Scottish kilt was invented by an Englishman
The Greatest Music Stories Never Told: 100 Tales from Music History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
- The ballet that sparked a riot?
- The rock star who became an astrophysicist?
- The song that saved Wheaties?
- The man killed by his own conducting
- The controversy behind “Mary Had a Little Lamb”?
The Greatest Science Stories Never Told: 100 tales of invention and discovery to astonish, bewilder, and stupefy
- Meet the angry undertaker who gave us the push-button phone.
- Discover how modesty led to the invention of the stethoscope.
- Find out why Albert Einstein patented a refrigerator.
- Learn how a train full of trumpeters made science history.
The Greatest War Stories Never Told: 100 Tales from Military History to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
- One military unit served on both sides during the Civil War
- The War of Jenkins’s Ear was actually fought over a sea captain’s ear
- Daniel Boone was once tried for treason
- A siege on Poland in 1519 gave birth to the marriage of bread and butter
Aunt Erma’s Cope Book: How to Get from Monday to Friday in 12 Days
A self-described “Sub-Total Woman,” Bombeck gently satirizes America’s raging how-to/self-help mania, focusing on such national pastimes as Sensual Needlepoint and Inner Bowling.